Right now: we're back in London working 9-5

20 July 2008

Ecuador, Guayaquil


Click here to view more Guayaquil photos
I was telling Clare how gutted I was we wouldn't be able to see the new Batman, but thought to myself "forget about films Tom, you're in Ecuador, you geek!". But then Clare had a quick search on the old internet and turns out Guayaquil (Ecuador's largest city) had an English premiere two weeks before the UK release in South America's only imax cinema, with tickets available :) So we stayed for a few days and checked out the city. Our cheap hotel was in one of the grittiest downtown areas I've ever been in (no photos as I didn't want to get my camera out), everything noticeably improved the further we walked away from it, cleanliness, air quality, people. I'd say the the best bit about Guayaquil was Batman. [Tom]

No comments: